Conversation Club: COLOMBIA Theme
“Let’s Talk About…” Conversation Club
*Always remember, Bogota Business English is always here for your English learning needs! Talk to one of our representatives if you are interested in personalized English courses!
- Fashion trends
- Popular cuisine
- Weather patterns
- National products
- Geographic regions
- Natural resources
- Civil strife
*Do you know what all of these words mean? Try to figure them out! We give the definitions out in the conversation club.
1. How would you describe the current fashion trends in Colombia? What type of apparel is popular?
2. What are some of Colombia’s natural resources? Are there any resources that you think are being underutilized or overexploited?
3. What makes Colombia competitive in the global economy? Is it the people, industry, technology, resources?
4. Which country has the best coffee on the planet?
5. What are some of Colombia’s biggest problems right now? How might these problems be alleviated?
Bogota Business English infobit: Did you know fewer than 5% of high school graduates in Colombia can speak English?
6. Do you think tourism is a good or a bad thing for Colombia? What are the pros and cons of tourism?
7. If you could change one thing about Colombia for the better, what would it be?
Quotes of the week…
*Don’t forget to browse the wide selection of English books offered by Authors Bookstore. There are lots of interesting titles that you can read to improve your English.
“Art is a spiritual, immaterial respite from the hardships of life”
“It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.”
~Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Questions or comments? Let us know!