Conversation Club Review for May 9th: AIR TRAVEL!
Hey there! Every Wednesday evening from 6:00-8:00 Bogota Business English hosts a fun, friendly and educational Conversation Club at Authors Bookstore in La Zona G. We hope to see you there! If you are not able to attend, we invite you to review what we talked about the previous week by reading our blog. Last week, May 9th, we talked about the weather. Study the conversation sheet from last week so you can stay up to date.
Here’s what you missed last week!
Let’s Talk About…”
|n. baggage fee||v. to be (in a hurry)||adj. annoyed|
|n. security screening||v. to miss (a flight)||adj. under pressure|
|n. seating assignment||v. to take off / to land||adj. late|
|n. in-flight entertainment||n. a layover||v. to clear (customs)||adj. jet-lagged|
*Do you know what all of these words mean? Discuss with your group or ask a native speaker if you need clarification! Try to figure them out!
- Have you ever been in a hurry to catch a flight? How/why? Were you under pressure to get to the airport on time?
- Have you ever traveled to a place with a different time zone? If so, did you feel the effects of jet lag?
- Have you ever missed a flight or a connection? Did you miss your first flight or your connecting flight during the layover?
- Have you ever tried to smuggle something through a security screening?
- What was the most annoying experience you’ve ever had at an airport?
Quotes of the week…
“The devil himself had probably redesigned Hell in the light of information he had gained from observing airport layouts.”
DID YOU KNOW…
Qamdo Bamda Airport in Tibet (China) is the highest airport in the world, at an elevation of 4,334 metres (14,219 ft). It has the longest publicly used runway in the world, at 5,500 m (18,045 ft).