Everyone likes to travel right? Travelling, whether for business of for pleasure, allows us to learn more about other parts of the world. Sometimes we even get to have an adventure or two!
Bogota Business English and Authors Bookstore want to help you improve your English for the next time you have an international trip! Join us on August 29th from 6 to 8 pm at Calle 70 #5-23 in the Zona G. There will be lots of books about travel and friends to share your travel stories with!
A grreat way to prepare for the conversation club this week is to watch this interesting video clip about Colombia. If you don’t know who Anthony Bourdain is, you won’t want to miss this! See you soon!
Hello friends! Do you want somewhere to practice English? Would you like to meet people who speak English? Come to the Bogota Business English conversatorio (Todos los miércoles en Authors Bookstore, Cll 70 # 5-23. 6pm-8pm
On Wednesday, August 22nd at 6 pm we will meet at Authors Bookstore to talk about FAMILY. We will challenge your knowledge on your extended family!
Check out this funny American game-show clip! It will teach you some new vocabulary and prepare you for the Conversation Club!
The Bogota Business English Conversation is a FREE event! Bring your friends and family who want to learn English too!
Do you want somewhere to practice English? Do you want to meet people who can improve your English? Come to the Bogota Business English conversatorio (Todos los miércoles en Authors Bookstore, Cll 70 # 5-23. 6-8pm)
On Wednesday, August 15th at 6 pm we will meet at Authors Bookstore to talk about COOKING & RECIPES. There will be cooking books to see and purchase, English conversation and networking opportunities!
Please watch this quick 5-minute YouTube video about making potato salad. It will teach you COOKING & RECIPE vocabulary. It will also prepare you for the Conversation Club!
Hello friends! Come and practice your English this Wednesday, August 8th at the Bogota Business English and Authors Bookstore conversation club! It begins at 6pm on Calle 70 #5-23. This week we are going to talk about manners and etiquette.
While we practice English we will enjoy light music, beverages & wine and good friends! Please bring your friends, family and co-workers to improve your English.
Here is a quick look at some of the subjects we will be discussing this week…
- Have you ever heard of the term ‘netiquette’? It has to do with manners on the internet and computers, i.e. writing emails, participating in online chats, etc. What do you consider to be proper ‘netiquette’.
- Talk about telephone etiquette. Have you ever had a conversation on the phone in English? What are some polite phrases for talking on the phone in English?
- Did you know that most Americans and British people find it awkward to give small kisses when greeting someone or saying goodbye? Can you think of some other things that might be different between Colombian etiquette and
- What are some common rules of etiquette in Colombia? What do you think is the most important one? Do you have any pet peeves about manners? (What is a pet peeve?!)
- Talk about the most annoying person you know! J Do you think they have bad manners? Why/how?
Here is an interesting video about cellular phone etiquette in the U.S. Do you think Colombians have good telephone etiquette?
See you this Wednesday at 6pm!